A railway crossing, also known as a level crossing, is where a public or private roadway, footpath, or both intersect one or more railway tracks.
- Dedicated Short Range Communications for Safer Railway Crossings: A world-first trial of a technology which is believed to be capable of significantly reducing railway level crossing accidents by allowing vehicles to ‘’talk to each other’’ is currently being trialled in Melbourne.
- Railway crossing safety initiatives and upgrades: The Victorian Government undertakes a number of initiatives to improve safety at railway crossings.
- Road crossings and pedestrian crossings: There are more than 2500 road crossings and pedestrian crossings across Victoria.
- Removing level crossings: find out which level crossings are scheduled to be removed.
- Reporting a railway crossing fault: report a railway crossing fault in metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria.