War Veterans / War Widows
Download a War Widow/War Veteran application form via the link below:
War Veteran Eligibility Criteria
The VPT /War Veteran concession myki is available to War Veterans residing in Victoria who have undertaken **war/peacemaking service overseas
are in possession of a Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Gold or White Card or documented evidence of ongoing compensation or a lump sum payment from DVA for an injury/illness related to this service at the time of this application.
The applicant must supply either:
- a colour photocopy of their DVA Gold or White Card; or
- a photocopy of ongoing compensation or a lump sum payment for an injury/illness related to DVA service.
The applicant must also supply details of their War/Peacemaking overseas service as follows:
**Documentary evidence of overseas war service from one of the following theatres of war:
- World War 2 03/09/1939 - 28/04/1952
- Korea 27/06/1950 - 19/04/1956
- Malaya 29/06/1950 - 30/09/1967
- Vietnam 31/07/1962 - 29/04/1975
**ADF/Peacemakers: Association Papers as documentary evidence of related conflicts (but are not limited to):
- Afghanistan (War on Terror and UNMCTT)
- Africa (Sierra Leone, Namibia, Somalia, Rwanda, etc.)
- East Timor
- Gulf War 1 & 2
War Widow/er Eligibility Criteria
The VPT War Widow/War Veteran concession myki is available to Victorian War Widow/er who reside in Victoria:
- who are in possession of a DVA Gold Card embossed War Widow.
- who are in possession of their partners documentary evidence of overseas war service from one of the above theatres of war (photocopy to be supplied).
A photocopy of the DVA Gold Card should be attached to this application.
Holders of the following concession cards are currently ineligible for a War Veteran or War Widow/er Concession Card.
- Victorian Seniors Card
- Victorian Health Care Card
- Australian Pensioner Concession Card
- Victorian public transport free travel pass
- any other concession card valid for concession.