Buying your myki
A full fare myki costs $6 and all concession myki cards (includes concession, seniors and child myki) cost $3.
Where you can buy a myki
You can buy a myki
- At close to 800 retail outlets including all 7-Eleven stores and selected retailers where you see the myki sign
- the ticket office window at Premium Stations
- by calling 1800 800 007 6am - midnight daily
- from a myki machine (full fare myki only) at all metropolitan train stations and V/Line commuter service train stations and selected accessible tram stops and bus interchanges
- PTV Hub (full fare myki only)
- onboard buses
Customers are advised to only purchase myki cards from the authorised outlets listed above.
See myki frequently asked questions for more information about why you should only buy a myki from these authorised outlets.
When you buy a myki it has no value on it, so you need to top up before you travel. For more information, see topping up your myki.
Please note: Allow up to seven days for delivery of myki cards ordered either online or when calling 1800 800 007. If you are buying myki online or by calling 1800 800 007, but decide not to register it, you will still need to provide your postal details so the myki can be sent to you. Your details will then be deleted within 30 days of the myki being sent to you.
Register your myki so your balance is protected in case your myki is lost or stolen. When you buy a registered myki online or from the call centre, you can choose to print your name on it. For information about the benefits of registering your myki, see registering your myki.