myki Visitor Value Pack
International and interstate visitors coming to Victoria can buy a myki Visitor Value Pack to travel on the public transport network in Melbourne and regional Victoria.
myki is your ticket to travel on trains, trams and buses. It is a durable smartcard that stores value and can be used over and over again.
Using myki is simple and gives you the flexibility to travel on trains, trams and buses all around Melbourne and on public transport in some regional centres.
The myki Visitor Value Pack includes:
- a full fare, concession, child or seniors myki card, pre-loaded with enough value (myki money) for one day’s travel in Zones 1 and 2
- discount offers at 15 Melbourne and regional attractions including Melbourne Aquarium, the National Sports Museum, Eureka Skydeck and Puffing Billy, saving visitors more than $100
- a protective souvenir myki wallet.
The myki Visitor Value Pack is available in four types:
- Full Fare - for people 17 and over with no concession entitlement, including international visitors 17 years and over
- Concession - for Victorian Public Transport concession card holders, Victorian Healthcare card holders and Australian interstate senior card holders
- Senior - for Victorian Seniors card holders
- Child - for children aged 4-16 (including interstate and international visitors) - no proof of entitlement is required
When travelling on public transport you must always have a valid ticket and show it on request. If you do not have a valid ticket you may receive a fine.
For more information about concession and senior eligibility, see Concessions.
You can use your myki to travel on bus routes 478, 479, 482 and 901 to and from Melbourne Airport.
Please note myki is not available to use on SkyBus, which runs between Melbourne Airport and the city. To travel with SkyBus, you must buy a SkyBus ticket. For more information, see Airport buses.
Melbourne Airport is located in Zone 2 and your myki is loaded with enough myki money to travel for one day in Zones 1 and 2. If you want to continue travelling on public transport beyond Zone 2, you will need to top up your myki.
Visitors who are staying in Melbourne for less than seven days can top up their myki with myki money. Visitors who intend on staying in Melbourne for more than seven days should consider topping up their myki with myki pass.
Buying a myki Visitor Value Pack
You can buy a myki Visitor Value Pack from the Melbourne Visitor Centre at Federation Square, SkyBus terminals at Melbourne Airport and Southern Cross Station and from the PTV Hubs.
myki Visitor Value Pack can also be purchased from the concierge desk at many hotels and accommodation providers. Ask at your hotel for the myki Visitor Value Pack.
myki Visitor Value Pack costs
A full fare myki Visitor Value Pack costs $14 and includes $8 myki money for travel.
A concession, child or seniors myki Visitor Value Pack costs $7 and includes $4 myki money for travel.
2016 discounts and attractions
The myki Visitor Value Pack includes discounts at the following 15 Melbourne and regional attractions:
- Arts Centre Melbourne
- Central Deborah Gold Mine
- Eureka Skydeck
- MADE (Museum of Australian Democracy at Eureka)
- Medibank Icehouse
- Melbourne Museum and Immigration Museum
- Melbourne Star Observation Wheel
- National Sports Museum
- National Wool Museum
- Old Melbourne Gaol
- Puffing Billy
- Queen Victoria Market
- Sea Life Melbourne Aquarium
- Sovereign Hill
Download the list of attractions and discounts PDF (409kB)
Download the list of attractions and discounts - accessible version (RTF) 54kB
There are a number of ways you can access up-to-date public transport information for Melbourne and Victoria:
- View Live travel updates page on this website
- Download the PTV app for iPhone or Android
- Visit a PTV Hubs
- Freecall 1800 800 007.
To receive public transport information in other languages, you can call translated phone numbers, see Information in other languages.